It's my Second Blog Anniversary! Yay!
On January 4, 2010 I started writing in this space because I was confused and cold. Then I lived a life, grew, lost, had fun, made mistakes, laughed a lot and then I wrote a few letters to celebrate a one year anniversary on January 4, 2011.
Another year passed. I traveled, I kissed, I moved on, I cried, I laughed, I ran, I moved, I fell, I made more mistakes, and bought new dresses. And then suddenly I arrived at two years.
Since I first started this blog, I finally figured out:
- How Reddit works.
- That sometimes the one you want isn't what is best.
- My favorite types of wine.
- How to keep amazing friends close, and cut the ones who weren't there.
- What I like to sleep in.
- How to tweet.
- Dancing in the living room is always a blast.
- How to flirt a little better.
- What missing really means.
- That an old city still holds new people and places to discover.
- That it's okay to say no.
- That saying yes isn't a contract.
- There is nothing wrong with quiet.
- How to up it where it counts.
- Sleeping together always beats sleeping alone.
- How to hide secrets.
- To let go.
But I'm still trying to figure out:
- How to speak up for myself.
- The art of forgiving.
- How to not be confused.
- Just what you want from me.
- How to say no.
- Why tights snag.
- How to cook scrambled eggs.
- Why I am a sucker.
- How to quit someone.
- Just why I should go to bed early.
- What the future holds.
- How to stop biting my nails.
- Me, you, and everyone in between.
I still can't believe I've been blogging for two years. Two years of lists and letters and everything in-between I am sort of in shock that I've stuck with it. But here we are.
I've met so many wonderful people through this blog and just have to thank you for reading. I don't know where I am going in 2013, but I look forward to sharing it with you.
And I hope you, like me, find yourself smiling a little more and find life a little happier than when you first found your way here.
Post a Comment