I won't tell you much about him. Because all you need to know is that he is amazing, tall man. He has dark hair but he lacks a beard. His face is of the friendly variety and he makes me laugh a lot.
But see the funniest thing happens when you fall hard for someone and it starts to get serious at a rather quick pace. You suddenly find yourself balancing all of the things you love about your life with someone else.
And in the past, I'll fully admit that it wasn't this easy. I've grown, I've learned, and my path brought me here. Thankfully. Because the now is wonderful. It's what I wanted and what I needed. And what I didn't know I wanted and what I didn't understand I needed. All in the same package.
So this is what happens when you're falling in love:
- You start watching Parks & Recreation from the beginning.
- And you hold your tongue about your favorite parts so someone can laugh at it for the first time.
- Eating take out becomes a regular habit.
- You learn how to work the dishwasher.
- You come to an understanding about Hotel California.
- Introducing friends feels exhilarating.
- Introducing family feels absolutely right.
- You laugh.
- Texting increases.
- And so do phone calls for that matter.
- Beds are shared.
- Toothbrushes are stored in the place that isn't your home.
- Board games are played.
- Hushed whispers fill dark bedrooms.
- You try very hard not to be the friend who gushes all of the time.
- There is no shame in falling asleep on the couch before 10 pm.
- Singing. Dancing. Loudly. And, sometimes, badly. In the kitchen, on the streets, in the car.
Those are just a few things, of course. Because to list them all would be too long of a mushy list. And though I'm head-over-heels, I'm still the girl who has never been much of a romantic. Who prefers pearls over diamonds. And never wants to be the one who throws my love all over the place.
But I am smiling. A LOT.