But! There is a silver lining. Most importantly I'll get to take a mental break from work and life and visit with one of my best friends for a long weekend. We have plans for Greek food and 90s dance parties. Basically all of that is awesome.
And even though the house is quiet and a little lonely, it some ways it's refreshing to have a few nights by myself.
With the boys gone, here is how I spend my evenings.
- Doing laundry. And since our washer is actually broken, I have to set a timer to manually change each setting.
- Eating tacos on the couch.
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher.
- Procrastinating packing.
- Watching back-to-back episodes of Hindsight. Seriously, watch this show.
- Reading long books.
- Letting candles burn for too long.
- Falling asleep on the couch.
- Talking on the phone to my mom.
- Folding laundry.
- Watching too much HGTV.
- Playing too many games on my phone.
- Dealing with a needy cat who sits on me way too much.
So yeah, super exciting stuff going on here. But really, I'll be away soon. Drinking a few more drinks than one should and riding subways all day long. One should always vacation in March.