It was a wonderful weekend that was more heavy on the friendship than it was on sightseeing and traipsing around different neighborhoods and boros. And quite honestly, I wouldn't have had it any other way. I don't get as much girl time as I used to these days. And my friend in NYC is one of my oldest and best.
So here's to air mattresses, beer mugs and subway rides. A list of things you do in NYC with one best friend and a limited budget. Oh, and a snowstorm that laid inches in the city in just a few hours.
- Rolling a blue suitcase straight into Hooters.
- Basketball. Lots of basketball.
- New Girl best-of viewings.
- Unbreakable! They're alive, damn it! It's a miracle!
- Browsing history through museums.
- Being completely confused by more modern museums.
- Sleeping in.
- Encouraging the youth of America.
- Being on the the market for a lamp.
- So many Greek dips.
- Greek music.
- Window shopping.
- Flirting with bartenders.
- Eyeing up waiters.
- Overhearing sidewalk conversations.
- Hipster bars.
- Will Forte's long-lost son.
- Sliding on snowy sidewalks.
- Shake Shack.
This is probably the prettiest photo I've ever taken.
I have been spending a lot of nights alone the last few weeks, so getting some stress-free time away with one of the people I love the most was just what I needed. Now, I wish the feeling would have lasted a little while longer for both her and me, but oh well...we've already started planning a trip for our 35th birthday.