And sure, when you come back home, reality hits you hard in the face. But when you step off that plane, you get to remember why you love your city all over again.
Here is why I love Pittsburgh. This week.
- Greek Food Festivals have arrived. It's time for Greek churches to showcase their best cooks. But remember friends, real Greek salads don't have lettuce.
- Temperatures are climbing. I actually wore tights a lot during my mini-break. Tights, in May is ridiculous. But finally, the temps are rising and we're even going to get into the 70s this week.
- Playoff hockey. It's the second round and the Penguins are up 2 games to 1.
- Baseball. I have a few games knocked out this season. And even managed to visit a different ballpark.
- Voter registration. My address change made the cut. So I can soon vote in the primary.
I love traveling and my love affair with Pittsburgh changes in strength from week to week, but I think I might be coming around to loving this unpredictable season of spring in my hometown.