Photo is from Flickr user Kiwifraiz by use of Creative Commons
I have been a little stressed out lately. Work has many different projects being juggled right now, all awesome, but there is a lot to handle. I'm moving and finally closing out my apartment, but our storage unit is full. I'm reducing the amount of rent that I pay, but I'm trying to straighten out financial missteps from the past. The boyfriend is traveling a lot for work. I blow my nose more than two dozen times a day. I am having trouble sleeping. The list goes on and on.
Surely, a lot of this is the February blues. And a lot of is the normal amount of anxiety I typically harness just exaggerated because I worry about the little things and there are a whole lot of little things mixed in with just a few big ones.
But the other day a friend suggested I think about three things that are currently making me happy, to stub all of the other thoughts out in a hush.
So because I need to harness the happy, I'm writing down the things that I love right now. Given that I already love my friends, my family, and the two adorable men that live with me, here is what else is out there:
Today, I loved:
- How a good friend surprised me for storytime and for lunch.
- And then how that good friend surprised me and ordered a grande latte instead of my requested tall.
- The pink polka dot dress I wore today.
- Packages on my doorstep.
- What felt like the first rays on sun shining on Pittsburgh in weeks.
- How I didn't button my coat when I left work this evening.
- Getting the gumption to try coconut oil on my hair.
- Long distance calls over dinner.
- Cleaning my closets.
- Organizing freshly washed laundry.
- Helping my friend solve a small problem.
- The unexpected amount of time this afternoon that allowed me to get a lot of work done.
- The toddlers' storytime enthusiasm.
- Just how cute Jimmy Fallon is.
- More Winter Olympics coverage.
- This sentimental and sweet goodbye to Seth Myers from the SNL writers and cast.
- Big blankets and lots of pillows.
- Ira Glass's voice on my morning commute.
- The way my cat sleeps with his belly pointed up in the air on the living room chair.
- Positive notes from people I don't even know.
- The friendliness of friends that exist only through social media.
Here's to finding more things to love about tomorrow. And a good night's sleep.
Post a Comment