And when those events due give a girl a night home alone, here are some things she might do:
- Attempt to clean all of the things, but end up only washing dishes and a few of the things.
- Dream up her dream bedroom, but comes back down to reality after a look at her bank account balance.
- Offer advice to young women whose shoes she was once in, wonder deeply if the advice will even matter.
- Get sucked into Homeland from episode one, and immediately sink into her couch and waste many hours on a marathon.
- Send emails.
- Make her bed with clean sheets, and then proceed to rumple them all up.
- Practice yoga on her living room floor, in hopes of easing the aches in her back.
- Wish that instead of yoga, someone was there to give her a massage.
- Iron clothes.
- Find her cat equally cute and equally annoying, with the balance just about to tip over to either side at any given moment.
- Check Facebook.
- Send friends play-by-plays of her Homeland watching experience. No spoilers, of course. Only those who've seen it before.
- Tweet to gather inspiration for a future blog post that's been brewing.
- Contemplate filing her taxes, but then realize she left important paperwork on her desk.
There's a slight chance I may have done all of that tonight. What do you do on the lesser nights, dear readers?