Sometimes I feel as if I am constantly learning that I cannot control anything except my own decisions. I accept this on a daily basis, but then every few weeks I just want the universe to take care of me and give me what I desire. Simple things: a massage, a trip a Scandinavian country, a new wardrobe. Not that they would make my life perfect, but a little happy surprise would make a little shinier. And this is not because I'm unhappy. This autumn in my hometown has been one of my best ever. I feel loved, I feel sexy, I feel accomplished, I feel challenged.
I just want things to be easy today. I just want a little gift, perhaps one of the following things could be said to me today, or any day really.
Things I Want to Hear:
- From a Rich Sugar Daddy: "Why you want to go away this Christmas? Here is a blank check. Make that vacation happen and come back to 2012 refreshed, cultured and happy. I don't even have to go with you...take whomever you please!"
- From Bill Gates (or any other benefactor): "Your library is the best library. I want to give you lots of money and let you do what seems right. Also, I will double your salary."
- From a Man: "I really want to see you. I like your face, I like your brain, I like your boobs. Let me buy you drinks/dinner and challenge you to a rousing game of Scrabble/Backgammon/Go Fish."
- From a Fashion Blog: "We love your librarian style and would like to do a photo shoot with you. We'll also give you $1000."
- From the Guy at Starbucks: "Well, I got this head tattoo in honor of my solidarity to women's rights. I shouldn't be judged by my appearance and neither should you."
- From a book publisher: "We love your idea. Please start writing this book now. We'll publish it in 2012 and you'll do a book tour."
- From Sprint: "We changed our mind and you're elegible for a new phone right now. Enjoy your iPhone 4s."
- From anyone capable of giving me an iPad: "Here is your new iPad!"
So dear readers, what would you like to hear from someone today? Funny, silly, serious, contemplative. Please share.