1. Today I tweeted the above photo of me in the early morning, enjoying some iced tea before work. Lovely people on twitter told me how cute I looked.
2. Toddler Story Time, with 28 children and 27 adults, was a success. The children listened and the adults behaved. And more than a few parents came up to thank me and tell me wonderful my programs are. How much their children have fun and/or how thankful they are that they found this activity.
3. Girls waiting to head into town for the U2 concert, drinking beer or bourbon or who knows what else, shouted that they loved my dress. More than once.
4. A man whistled at me as I walked across the street with Starbucks in hand. I couldn't tell who it was, but I work on a very busy street and this was rush hour. I can only hope he was cute and/or maybe had a beard. I'm smart enough to know that he probably wasn't in my age range.
5. A very close friend who dates all the way back to my days at AC and KKG told me that I have handled my year and its troubles with grace. And that was, quite simply, the best compliment I have received all day.