It's self-explanatory tonight, lovelies Just a few things I wish I had gathered before it was too late and inspired by books I'm reading, conversations I'm not having and relationships that are here and not here.
- A quiet vacation on a warm beach. With a good book and maybe, just maybe, good company.
- All of the cards and notes the ex wrote me before he had to leave. There were many and the thoughts on them remind me of a time when love was there. And I left in too much of a hurry to remember that one day I might want to put them in a box.
- Just one more night with my best cousin. With her healthy & vibrant & every bit as lovely as I will always remember. I want to laugh with her and then eat some junk food at her kitchen tables, laughing over board games.
- A reason to wear my pretty little dresses in the evening and the weather to go with them.
- One day to spend in bed. Silently with a good book, pen and paper.
- A true Greek gyro.
So, tell me, what is something you wished you had today? Fleeting or serious. And hell, it can even make you want to cry.
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Well...#1 for sure...the weather here is crazy too :(ReplyDelete
As for the gyros I get to enjoy it often (between us it's not a healthy food- we call it "dirty" food here-but indulging in pleasures is necessary sometimes :P )
My bed to lay in all day, my new book autographed by one of my favorite author, my boyfriend to be at work so I can have said bed to myself and a bag of Combos. Random, but heavenly.ReplyDelete
I want #1 too. Preferably North Myrtle Beach, SC. Not Myrtle Beach - North Myrtle Beach - hometown of Vanna frickin' White. NMB is so much quieter than MB...or at least it was the last time I was down there, 6+ years ago. The ocean gets warm enough in the summer that it almost feels like a bath.ReplyDelete
I don't know if I've ever had #6. I've had some good gyros in the past, but I'm sure they probably weren't authentic.