List of Things that Will Happen Today:
1. I will be in a book group for The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. Go read this book if you haven't already.
2. That boy goes back to school and I will try very hard not to think about it.
3. I will get the final polar bear story time prep done for tomorrow's preschool program.
4. I am going to do some retail therapy through the library and order lots of good things for next month.
5. I am going to put labels on books.
6. I am going to get the keys to my Aunt's apartment so I can house sit for two weeks when she's in Florida. Who wants to come over next week for wine and food? I'm serious. Doesn't have to be wine either, we can do bad television, games, whatever. See how I'm foreseeing that I'll need company?
7. I am going to wear a new pair of shoes that I love, if I can find them in my plastic bags.
8. I am going to laugh that the librarians did not win the Mega Million lottery that we had dreamed about yesterday, but look forward to playing again in the future.
Oh, and my goal has been updated. Since I work the late shift, I will be at the library until at least 9. So I can't cry until at least 10. I'm giving myself an extra hour because I don't want to break down as soon as I leave work too. I can do it!
6. Let me know the time and the place!ReplyDelete
I also had to let you know that I sleep with a Beatsie (blanket) every night of my life and have for 30 years. It used to be pink but now is a dull grey but still my most beautiful possession.
I think I'm free every night but Tuesday. Pick one, seriously.ReplyDelete
I love that you just called your Beatsie your most beautiful possession. Because that is exactly how I feel about mine.
I got the Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks for Christmas this year and I CANNOT wait to read it! I have approximately a page and a half left of Pride and Prejudice (I just couldn't keep my eyes open last night) to finish, and then that's next on my list.ReplyDelete
(By the way, this is Leanne's friend Jessie, in case you were wondering) :)ReplyDelete
Ha. I figured it was Leanne's friend. Thanks for reading!ReplyDelete
And our book group on Henrietta Lacks was really awesome. It stirred some great conversation. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about it.