Of course I voted for Barack Obama, I don't hide my political leanings too much.
And today I was happy to have the morning off (even on MLK Day, this public librarian worked) so that I could watch the inaugural ceremonies.
So, I give a few good reasons why I love the Obamas. Without being too political.
- The way President Obama delivers speeches with measured pauses and sincere words.
- His snark in press conferences.
- Michelle Obama's infectious smile.
- The amount that they value education.
- Their vocal stance on gay marriage.
- How empathically they talk about women's rights.
- All of Michelle Obama's clothes.
- Obviously, Bo.
- The way President Obama tries to make it clear that not all of the solutions are easy ones.
- Hard, tireless, and stressful work. That they keep on keepin' on.
- Their children just seem like adorable, smart, funny girls.
- That Michelle's mother lives with them at The White House.
- The way they keep their daughters in-line and out of the public eye.
- How when they talk about the people of our country, you can tell that they deeply care.
- When they hug people.
- The way they kiss.
I can only hope for 4-years of continued hard work from our First Family. I hope for peace, and parties bridging their gaps. I hope that when President Obama leaves office four years from now, we're all bit better off than we sit here today.
And for myself, a single, liberal democratic woman, that one day a love like theirs walks into my life. And we can serenade each other to Al Green, laugh, and look fantastic in formal wear.
Post a Comment