So the truth? I've been spending a little too much time replaying conversations. Thinking about stuff I want to hear, but have a slim chance of actually hearing. And wanting to wipe away overheard conversations, direct conversations, and wishful conversations.
So, tonight's list is just small things I wish you wouldn't say:
- Terrible things about my chosen political candidate. That are racist, lies, or any assorted combination.
- Anything about money. My pockets are lined thin.
- That every man needs a good woman. While you're in my bed, but I'm not in your heart.
- People who take vacations are selfish. Because I just returned.
- You think my eyes are sexy. Never mind, you can say that. But feel free to say more.
- There is no room in the budget. Every librarian's fear.
- Something I can't even say here without offending.
- Community is not returning when we said it would. Taste is lacking.
- Game of Thrones spoilers. I'm still in book one. It's going to take a long time to finish all 5.
- Sad news. Disappointing news. Lonely news.
Anyway, starting tomorrow I'm going to banish the few up here that are really floating towards the top. It's October, I'm busy, and I have more important things to worry about other than open mouths.