I woke up one morning complaining of a slight backache. And she suggested it came from sleeping in a weird position because I wasn't used to sharing my sleeping space with anyone anymore. Though I actually think it was because I had spent the better part of the day sitting on the beach, hunched over and making sandcastles with little ones I am sure that my vacation sleeping arrangements didn't help the matter.
Because I have, indeed, been sleeping alone for quite some time now. Yes, I was dating someone for a few months but sharing my bed or his bed once or twice a week doesn't really cause for a change of habits. We might have argued over who stole more covers at night, but there was always an extra blanket. And we were new-ish enough the whole time that we pretty much kept the same bedtime. Plus, he'd let me come back to bed after I had showered in the morning, a habit I have and truly one of the most blissful times of my day...no matter where I am sleeping or who is with me.
But now I am home from vacation. And though this leaves me sad for a list of reasons. I am happy to be back in my own bed. Even if it means I'm sleeping solo these days.
Because a woman's own bed can allow her to the following:
- Make the bed, every morning. Though cheat a little and not worry if the bed is overall messy.
- Sleep on top of the comforter on a hot night. With just a throw blanket on top.
- Take up all the room. Some people like to sleep in the middle. I like to sleep at a diagonal.
- Sleep naked. Or not naked. You'll have to know me to get the real answer.
- Write or read before going sleep. Without worrying that the light, clicking of keys, or page turning is bothering someone.
- Hit the snooze button at least 4 times in the morning.
- Catch up on TV shows on the laptop, your head propped upon 3 different pillows.
- Leave tea cups on the nightstand. Or in my case, top of the radiator, next to the bed.
- Enjoy quiet. Simply.
- Dream of the day when hopefully, there is someone who wants to share the bed with you. Who makes you sleep sounder than before.
So why do you like sleeping alone, dear readers? Share your bedtime confessions.
Post a Comment