But oh, September feels like home to me. So tonight's list is things that are great about the 9th month of the year:
- A new picture on the Allegheny College calendar. I haven't talked to one alum who didn't think August's picture was lame. And yes, I've talked to multiple people about this.
- It's my birthday. On the 28th, so take note. Sure, it's my 30th and sure I kind of get freaked out by this. But like a good friend told me tonight, it's another year to celebrate and drink wine and go on trips and buy myself dresses. Lots of people can't do that at 30 for a variety of reasons.
- I was giving myself until the fall to let myself get over a relationship. And I have to say it actually worked. Is every piece of me healed? No. But I can honestly say that I'm open to what may come my way now. And I may have even gone on some dates. Hoping for more as the leaves turn.
- It's perfectly acceptable to burn candles and take baths on crisp September nights. You can feel autumn in the air and as soon as I heal from this surgery, I'll be enjoying a glass of wine in the tub with a book and a fall scent candle.
- So many new exciting programs and opportunities at work. Loving my job has made this year so much easier and I look forward to making my year anniversary not so long from now.
- I have taken the plunge and am going to rejoin a gym this month. If I don't use the membership or feel like I don't have the time, then fine. But I need to give myself a physical and healthy boost. Will make it fit in my budget.
- Football. On Sundays with the family, with friends. Saturday cheering on my college-playing brother whether near or far. And hoping Dewey's Decimator's kicks ass in fantasy leagues.
- But mostly, I just look forward to growing improvement: health, happiness, living space, friendship, family and librarianship. I am just crossing my fingers that autumn brings rebirth and joy.
What are you most looking forward to in September? And y'all better say my birthday.
Post a Comment