But I'm firmly planted here. No vacation days until December means no major trips. Weekends only. And a new-ish, fun, awesome job that I love means I'm staying put. Very Thankful.
So I get that my list is filled with lots of places that appear to have greener pastures. It's just that very little has gone the way I thought it would this year. And sometimes it helps to just think beyond, instead of think it's all a test to make me stronger.
Where I Want to Go at This Moment:
- A spring trip to Ireland with a tall, dark & adorably cute guy who wants to drink a few pints & explore the countryside.
- France, with a gaggle of my closest, single girlfriends. I really feel that if I'm going to explore the city of romance, I need some like-minded and able women to eat cheese & oogle Frenchmen with me.
- Spain, with all of my close friends. To eat tapas and have lazy afternoons.
- Las Vegas, with my cousins. To gamble and drink and sit by a pool with books in hand, while we laugh the afternoon away.
- A weekend beach getaway with my mom. Because she needs peace & quiet too.
- An early morning walk to the Acropolis with the person of my heart. To show things I have seen, to see what has changed. And then off on a ferry to a quiet island and a trip back to my hometown.
- A fancy schmancy job in a big library in New York City. Because I feel at 29 this is a city I would like the chance to conquer before time runs out. Though ideally, I'd just like to take my current job & coworkers and transplant us there for a bit.
- But really, really, really want go to away over Independence Day. And this is the one that I can make happen. Who wants to go on a holiday trip with me? Or let me visit them? I'm serious.
I'm totally down. For anything! Love u tons!ReplyDelete
I'm with Laura!! We could go visit my aunt in North Carolina, or friends in Columbus...ReplyDelete
Soon, I will have friends all over the world (courtesy CISV!) and we can take trips to all the places that you mention above!
I try not to fantasize about travel...it hurts too much to think that I'll probably never be able to travel ever again.ReplyDelete
Laura, You tell me when you want to try a trip and i'm there, hands down. i can do the planning. you just tell me when you're up for it. No frills, no fuss cuz.ReplyDelete
Lindsey, Trips are a necessary thing in our lives. Be sure to make friends with Frenchmen this summer.
Spekkio, you would be invited if I ever had enough money to splurge on everyone I know. And we'd somehow find a way to make it happen for you.
I like the no frills, no fuss. Just fun! Haha. We'll figure whatevs and whoevs out.ReplyDelete