This is Robin. She's the character on the How I Met Your Mother who isn't played by anyone extremely famous. The girl who who Ted Mosby stole a blue french horn for. The one broke Barney's player heart. And she's friends with Allan Thicke.
What makes Robin?
- Know how to drink hard liquor smoothly. Order this after the crappiest of days. Or when you're really looking to get laid.
- Have one man completely in love with you and have him shout it from the streets. Entertain this man because he's vocal and exactly what you should want.
- Recognize that this man is exactly what you don't want. And be honest.
- Be madly in love with your best friend. But fear that you're just another girl he wants to bang.
- Hide emotions.
- Struggle with balancing your career and your personal life. Choose career over settling down.
- Be the All-American girl from Canada. In other words, struggle with your roots and don't close doors.
- Root passionately for your favorite hockey team.
- Giggle when lying.
- Let's Go to the Mall. Today. You know, that thing you never want people to discover.
- Feel that nothing in life is solid. And be scared shitless. But see number 5.
Am I like Robin? Definitely. Am I everything like her at this exact moment? No. But she's one of the most believable portraits of a single woman on television. And you could say that a few of the above 11 may describe this woman. At least at certain points in her life.
I think I may need Robin to end up happy more than I need Ted to find his wife.
What about you, dear readers? Which television character speaks to your inner self? Share in the comments.