I used to think that I hated February . With it's dark days, cold nights, saccharine love, and basically all of the excuses in the world to hibernate and be as anti-social as you want. But more recently in my years, I truly don't enjoy March.
With the end of winter and beginning of spring March has the worst qualities of both seasons. It's indecisive and wet. The days are longer, but the temperature rarely treats you with warm evenings. It's too chilly or windy to sit on patios and it's about the time of year where I hate everything in my wardrobe.
Basically? March sucks.
But in the end, the month does tend to fly by pretty quickly. And now I can step on into April to enjoy all of its birthdays, sweet nights, and packed weekends. Sure, it will still be rainy and I'll curse my old rain boots every morning. But at least it's still April.
March had 31 days and this is what I did, or didn't do, with them:
- Watched a few hours worth of Practical Jokers (someone might have it on as I type this).
- Become exasperated with one very needy cat.
- Hook our family on Masha and the Bear. We need more non-Russian seasons!
- Daydreamed about young Harrison Ford.
- Drank a few tiki drinks.
- Didn't really drink a whole lot of wine.
- Went to bed far too early.
- Stayed up far too late.
- Battled with Gwynnie Bee.
- Spent a little too much on clothes.
- Sold my first few items on eBay.
- Started planning summer reading.
- Ate too many nachos.
- Failed to sleep in.
- Took are of sick members of this household.
- Hated wearing tights.
- Loved wearing tights.
- Slowly made my way through a book.
- Woke up with nightmares.
- Wished I was going on vacation.
- Had dinner and drinks with old friends.
- Missed old friends.
- Discussed hot celebrities with an old friend.
- Hid a whole bunch of Easter eggs.
- Ate Satellite wafters.
- Remind my mom that I don't like Neco Wafers (again).
- Cheered on the Penguins.
- Watched a lot less hockey than I would prefer.
- Designed some logos.
- Cried? Probably.
- Desperately needed to get my hair cut.
I don't know what April is going to bring. But here's hoping I can get my haircut in the next week.